Child Watch Teacher
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Provides direction for the children in our care and ensures they are safe and engaging in play.
- Ability to be alert and to be able to focus at all times.
- A genuine positive, fun, easy going personality.
- Ability to be adaptable, organized, patient and enthusiastic.
- Ability to plan and initiate age appropriate games and activities.
- CPR/AED and First Aid certifications preferred. Required within 90 days of hire.
- Understands the Mission of the YMCA.
- Previous experience working with children in a developmental setting preferred.
- Maintain visual and auditory supervision at all times.
- Responsible for the safety and well-being of each child.
- Maintain a creative and playful atmosphere for all participants.
- Plan and supervise the activities of children.
- Perform general housekeeping tasks to maintain a clean and safe area.
- Are up to date on YMCA policies and procedure, including those related to medical and safety situations, child abuse prevention, and emergency procedures.
- Upholds the Y’s Core Values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
- Communicates effectively to supervisor when challenges arise.
- Able to communicate to others how the YMCA supports kids, adults, and families in the community.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to adjust from sitting to standing with ease.
- Reaching, twisting, and turning, kneeling, bending, squatting, and stooping in the performance of daily activities.
- Duties require occasional lifting and/or moving up to 35 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Depending upon experience, $8.15 to $10.19.
Dental, 403(b), 9% YMCA Retirement Plan Contribution (when eligible), YMCA Membership