To further the mission of the YMCA through ensuring cleanliness and promoting safety within the facility.
South Bend and Edison Lakes
- Proven track record of attention to detail and be able to take initiative without direction.
- Self-starter that is able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Proven reliable work experience showing capable of following direction and leading by example.
- Understand the mission of the YMCA.
- 1 year or more of custodial experience in a large multi-unit facility preferred.
- Utilize established practices and procedures using the correct chemicals, tools and completion of cleaning steps.
- Use and maintain assigned power equipment utilizing the training given on operations.
- Follow instructions regarding the use of chemicals and supplies using the specific training provided by vendor.
- Perform duties relating to weather such as removing snow or debris from sidewalks and walkways.
- Interact with members and staff in a professional manner realizing you are always visible and reflect the Y.
- Maintain high cleanliness standards by ensuring areas are above standard for members.
- Able to communicate to others how the YMCA supports kids, adults and families in the community.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This job requires standing and walking 100% of the time.
- Reaching, twisting, and turning, kneeling, bending, squatting, and stooping in the performance of daily activities.
- Duties require frequent lifting and/or moving up to 35 pounds and occasionally lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds or more.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus without color-blindness.
- Duties could be performed in warm and cold weather conditions.
Depending upon experience, $8.15 to $9.00.
Dental, 403(b), 9% YMCA Retirement Plan Contribution (when eligible), YMCA Membership