Equine Program Staff
To further the mission of the YMCA through the assisting and delivery of a horseback riding program that is safe, fun, and appropriate to the campers’ ages and abilities. Provide assistance to the physical operation of the horseback riding facilities and equipment.
- Ability to relate to and interact with youth and adults in a positive manner.
- Able to adapt within an ever-changing work environment.
- Knowledge of horses and their health and welfare.
- Understands the mission of the YMCA.
- Certification in horseback riding or equivalent experience.
- Prior experience in the training of horseback riding activities in a camp environment.
- Assist in supervising safe and fun riding activities that meet the needs of a variety of participants.
- Evaluate the goals and abilities of riders, and implement best practice teaching and safety protocols.
- Support the mission of the Y through adhering to instructional guidelines which promote healthy living, youth development, and social responsibility.
- Assist in monitoring the physical facilities, equipment, supplies, and horses for safety, and functionality. Report any needs or issues to the Equestrian Director.
- Assist in maintaining the health, safety and comfort of the camp lesson horses.
- Daily chores to be done in the time frame scheduled.
- Demonstrate teamwork and professionalism when working closely with other staff members.
- Be up to date and knowledgeable all safety and security guidelines set out by YMCA Camp Eberhart and the American Camping Association.
- Able to communicate to others how the YMCA supports kids, adults, and families in the community.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 100% standing and walking.
- Reaching, twisting, and turning, kneeling, bending, squatting, and stooping in the performance of daily activities.
- Duties require frequent lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds and occasionally lifting and/or moving more than 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus without color-blindness.
- Duties require being in all weather conditions and temperatures.
Depending upon experience, $8.90 to $10.62
Dental, 403(b), 9% YMCA Retirement Plan Contribution (when eligible), YMCA Membership