To further the mission of the YMCA through teaching all levels of sports and character development in a positive atmosphere that will allow the participants to learn and grow.
South Bend and Edison Lakes
- Motivated, energetic and able to communicate with participants and parents.
- CPR/AED and First Aid certification preferred, required within 90 days of hire.
- Understands the Mission of the Y.
- High School or college level sports experience.
- Coaching or instructing experience a plus.
- 6 months or more experience working with ages 4-adult.
- Provide leadership and planning of sports programs for different age groups.
- Promote a positive environment for children/adult participants, parents, and staff.
- Plans and implements sports programs in accordance with the goals and policies of the YMCA.
- Coordinate developmentally age-appropriate activities that fit within the Y culture.
- Supervise a group of youth and/or adults to ensure their health and safety, and to provide for a positive experience for each person.
- Communicates with and maintains positive relationships with parents at the Y. Provides day-to- day guidance to staff and volunteers.
- Organize, set-up and tear down program area which you oversee.
- Maintain the organization of equipment and classroom materials with high standards.
- Upholds the Y’s Core Values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
- Able to communicate to others how the YMCA supports kids, adults and families in the community.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum 90% standing and walking.
- Reaching, twisting, and turning, kneeling, bending, squatting, and stooping in the performance of daily activities.
- Duties require lifting and/or moving up to 35 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distance vision.
Depending upon experience, $8.15 to $9.00.
Dental, 403(b), 9% YMCA Retirement Plan Contribution (when eligible), YMCA Membership