Welcome Center Staff
To further the mission of the YMCA through superior customer service by responding to member inquiries and taking appropriate action to resolve issues for members and visitors. Attracts and retains members by being knowledgeable of the services available.
- Highly-developed interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven skills in Microsoft Office and Google Systems.
- High level of organizational skills and attention to detail are essential.
- Ability to relate to and interact with youth and adults in a positive manner.
- Able to adapt within an ever-changing work environment.
- Bilingual: Spanish preferred.
- Understand the mission of the YMCA.
- Requires one to 2 years customer service related work experience.
- Provide friendly, courteous and prompt service to members.
- Build relationships with members exhibiting professionalism and positive attitude to create a family atmosphere.
- Deliver superior telephone service by ensuring calls are routed correctly, timely and answer inquires effectively.
- Provide accurate information to members and guests using knowledge and understanding of the YMCA of Michiana, Inc. Policies and Procedures.
- Multitask and work under pressure while maintaining an organized work space, using problem solving skills and good communication to management of unresolved issues.
- Maintain an efficient workspace by updating schedules and organizing files.
- Set up new accounts, maintain records, and prepare reports and related clerical duties.
- Ensures safety and security of the building and members by following current policies.
- Actively participate in Health and Community Fairs.
- Able to communicate to others how the YMCA supports kids, adults and families in the community.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum 70% standing.
- Duties require occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus without color-blindness
Depending upon experience, $8.15 to $9.00.
Dental, 403(b), 9% YMCA Retirement Plan Contribution (when eligible), YMCA Membership